(last update, March 1st 12:00)
In exploring this theme, papers are encouraged along the following themes:
· the impact of globalization on policy making and implementation; changes induced by the shifting role of the state; contemporary actors of development;
· globalization and European integration: consequences upon national development policies;
· sustainable development policies in the context of globalization;
· globalization and communication; mass media as the drivers of globalization;
· European regional development policy; development models of other economic regions (the Pacific Rim, North America);
· Development and modernization; the situation of the new EU Member states from Central and Eastern Europe;
· Innovation, research and education: the magic triangle of contemporary development; innovation management;
· Project management as a macroeconomic strategy of development; project-oriented companies and the project-oriented nation.
The indicative sections of the conference are:
· Development policy making and implementation;
· Education and development;
· Globalization and European integration;
· Globalization and communication;
· Project management as the means to implement a development vision.
Depending on the interest of authors, the sessions will be extended
in order to incorporate other development- and globalization-related issues.
^ back to top